In addition to being an educational experience, the Challenge is a competition. It is designed to encourage students to perform at the highest possible level. While we recognize that many first-time participants may feel as though they cannot compete with more experienced students, there are many levels of recognition that can be attained for participants of all levels.
As the year goes on, we continue to solicit awards from various sponsors so this list will probably change by April.
- First Place Team: Each student on the team will receive $1,000.00.
- Second Place Team: Each student on the team will receive $500.00.
- Honorable Mention Teams: Each student on the team will receive a Gift.
The following are anticipated as additional awards consisting of trophies and/or plaques:
Additional Team Awards
- Agent-based Modeling Award –
- Computational Science Award
- Novel User Interface/User Experience Award – Redfish Group
- Parallel Programming Project Award – NM TECH (Dr. Lorie Liebrock)
- Visualization of Output Award – NM TECH (Dr. Lorie Liebrock)
- Best Web Presentation of a Final Report
- Best Written Report –
- CHECS Award for Research – New Mexico CHECS
- CHECS Award for Teamwork – New Mexico CHECS
- Community Impact Award
- Creativity and Innovation Award – Sandia National Laboratories
- Crowd Favorite Award – New Mexico Technology Council
- Programming Innovation Award – The Digital Garage
- Environmental Modeling Award – LANL
- High Performance Computing Award – Cray
- Judges Special Recognition Awards
- Most Professional Presentation Award –
- Poster Contest Awards
- Technical Poster (Display Board) – $200
- Graphics Logo Poster – $200
- Teamwork Award – New Mexico CHECS
- NMNWSE award – The New Mexico Network for Women in Science and Engineering (NMNWSE) will present an award to the best project by a woman or a team with a majority of women. The award will consist of $50 per team member, plus for each team member a CD of our booklet “Careers: Exploring the Possibilities” (also available online at http://nmnwse.org), a NMNWSE book bag, and an NMNWSE award certificate. NMNWSE is sponsoring this award to promote gender equity and to encourage female students to continue their studies in math and science.
- Middle School Award –
- Five $100 awards from New Mexico CHECS. These awards will be given randomly to a student or teacher in attendance at the Awards Ceremony.
- Magellan Award
- Newcomer Award
Supercomputing Challenge Teacher of the Year Award
Nominate your teacher sponsor! Tell us why your supporting teacher rocks! In 100 words or less, tell us why she deserves to be honored. How has he supported you? How has she helped with mentors? How has he helped you think through your problem?
The winning teacher will receive an award at the Awards Ceremony, in Los Alamos. Your nomination is due April 5th. Just email your nomination to consult1617 @ supercomputingchallenge.org