February 28, 2020
Challenge year, scholarships may be awarded based on qualities
demonstrated by individuals applying for the Scholarship Program.
These scholarships are not automatic, and students wishing to be
considered MUST apply.
Application details are at the bottom of this page
Note: Only High School Seniors are
Eligible to Apply
School Specific Scholarships:
Scholarship: $4,000 ($1,000 per year – renewable up to
Conditions: must major in physics at NMSU (could be a
double major), must maintain GPA of 3.0 or better,
Supercomputing Challenge project must have a strong physics
NMSU Computer Science
Conditions: $500 to a graduating senior who attends NMSU in
the Fall, is registered as a Computer Science Major,
has completed or is taking Calculus AB and has a high school
GPA of 3.3 or better. Award to be presented after the start
of the Fall Semester.
- One-time $2,500 financial award ($1,250 per semester) to
New Mexico State University
- Two One-time $2,400 financial awards to New Mexico Tech
- Two One-time $2,400 ($1,200 per semester) Scholarships to
Eastern New Mexico University
- One-time $250 financial award to Northern New Mexico College
- One-time $250 financial award to Clovis Community College
- We are currently soliciting sponsors for the flexible scholarship fund.
All scholarships are valid only through the institution's
fall registration cycle for the calendar year in which the
recipient graduates from high school.
All scholarship applicants are subject to the following:
- be an active member of a Supercomputing Challenge team
- applicant's team submits a final report
- plan to attend a two or four-year university
- pursue a computing, engineering, mathematics or science
- Meet the university GPA requirements
Any senior student wishing to be considered for a
scholarship award MUST submit the following via email by February
- A letter describing his/her contribution to the team
project with an emphasis on the specific areas of
- The sponsoring teacher MUST endorse the team member's
letter and outline the qualities and examples from the
- A letter from the Project Mentor and/or other team members
may also provide supporting statements of this individuals role
and contribution to the team effort.
- A scanned transcript
- Please include information as to what college you plan to
attend, if that is available.
Send the information to
Scholarships at supercomputingchallenge.org
Current high school seniors in good standing with the
Challenge (Interim Reports and Project Evaluation presentations)
will be notified by email of the steps in the online process.
Based on receipt of the above information, the scholarship
competitors will be contacted by the scholarship judges for more
information. We might do phone interviews or personal interviews
in Los Alamos the day of the Expo. Be sure to check your email
for information and interview schedules in the weeks before the